|#1 Update on John|
05/18/2010 9:57 PM
In just a few hours, we will be headed to Olympia's St. Peters Hospital for John's shoulder surgery. Have to be there at 5:30 AM!!!!! Good thing that Orthopedic Surgeon is good, cause that's a long drive to go to the hospital.
They are doing the surgery early in the morning before the DR goes to the office for the day. I am thinking it's because of all the "issues" John has besides the shoulder. The chemo has been put on hold until after 5/26 when we go see the Oncologist. Then he will decide if John is up to starting the next series.
They can't do a pain block epidural because of his right lung being operated on last year. The epidural causes the diaphragm to not work properly for a few hours and since John had the surgery on his lung it could put him into respiratory arrest and end up on a ventilator in ICU. Not interested in that. So, the Anesthesiologist is recommending not doing a block. They may keep John overnight to manage the pain, keep an eye on his lungs, and immune system - no infections.
So, please keep John in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow.