RacingWest
Hot Wood
RacingWest presented by Approved Memory
Log-In .: Register

Austin Cameron Update - 06/24/2003

THAT CONTAGIOUS SMILE :)
In attending the Winston West event at Tri-City Raceway this past weekend, my goal was to meet some of the people I hear about. One person in particular was Austin Cameron. Not knowing if he would be there or not, I asked around and several people said he was around just not at the moment. I wasn't quite sure what Austin looked like since I had never seen him in person, but I was told to look for a tall guy with a big smile.

Austin had been in the Napa Hospitality suite signing autographs, mingling around pit road and even gave the occasional interview or two. While walking around the pit area I noticed a large group of people and kept hearing a repetitious laugh. I turned around to see who it was and saw a tall guy with a big smile on his face. Austin had several people around him at all times and was sharing many laughs, hugs and of course smiles. I waited until he wasn't as busy, to get in a few quick words. Austin had a big smile on his face the whole time and was very friendly. I explained how I had gotten interested in the series and himself after the Las Vegas race and Austin replied with a big smile, "I'm really not a bad guy!"

Although my talk with Austin was short, I got a true sense of his outgoing personality. I was really impressed with the Winston West Series and all the great people who surround it. I cant wait to see Austin in that blue and yellow Napa Chevy doing what he truly loves to do. If being a great person means going out of your way to enjoy the ones around you and get the most out of life no matter what the circumstances are, then I think Austin has definitely fulfilled being a great person! :)

From Becky of Becky's Beat

.: Back to Austin Cameron Commmunity Cares Page
Like RacingWest on FaceBook for the latest racing news from your local track and for our infamous Near Lives! Hans Device at UPR.com Lucas Oil Products RaceTeamGear.com - NASCAR Merchandise Ron's Rear Ends