|Born .:||08/01/1957 |
(57 Years Old)
|Hometown .:||Prunedale, California|
|Weight .:||185 lbs.|
Doug McCoun Driver Bio
Married and a 20+-year fire fighter currently holding the rank of Captain.
- 1973 - Began his racing career at the age of 16 in a 1957 Chevy
- 1975 - Won 1st Watsonville Speedway Track Championship. This was followed by track championships in 1982 and 1984.
- 1977 - Won the NASCAR State of California Short Track Championship.
- 1982 - Won his 2nd Watsonville Speedway Track Championship.
- 1983 - Won 1st of 2 Merced Speedway Track Championships. 2nd followed in 1985.
- 1984 - Won his 3rd Watsonville Speedway Track Championship.
- 1985 - Was crowned the Winston Racing Series National Champion, Winston Racing Series Pacific Coast Region Champion and Merced Speedway Track Champion. Was also voted Motoring Press Association�s Closed Body Driver of the Year.
- 1986 - Won the Winston Racing Series Pacific Coast Region Championship again, making him the first driver to win this honor in back to back years.
- 1991 - Formally left full time dirt track racing to return to racing on asphalt tracks. During the course of his dirt track career, Doug won in excess of 125 main events in his 300+ starts during 15 yrs on the dirt.
- 1992 - Returned to paved-track racing at Madera Speedway, winning 5 main events and the Madera Rookie of the Year title.
- 1993 - Began racing on the NASCAR Featherlite Southwest Series, finishing 7th in the overall points standings during his first season on the Tour.
- 1994 - Won 3 Featherlite Southwest Series races (2 at Mesa Marin and 1 at Orange Show), thus earning Most Improved Driver honors.
- 1995 - Finished 5th in the over all Southwest Series standings. Was presented with the George Stiles Award of Commitment, which honors dedication to the principles of sportsmanship, hard work, and the commitment to the sport.
- 1996 - Won the Sears Point Southwest Series race and finished 8th in the overall season standings (his lowest finish in 4 years).
- 1997 - Won 2 Southwest Tour races, Salt Lake City, UT and Altamont, CA. Finishing 6th in the final season standings.
- 1998 - Won 2 Southwest Tour races again this year, Altamont, CA and Erie, CO. finishing 4th in the overall season standings.
- 1999 - In 1999 Doug had no wins but through the teams consistent finishes made a strong showing with a 3rd place finish in the season�s final standings making this his 7th year in a row finishing in the top 8.
- 2000 - Again in 2000, Doug had no wins but with the consistency the team is know for finished 3rd in the final standings for a 2nd year in a row making it 8 straight years in the top 8, five of those in the top 5.
- 2001 - In 2001 the team struggled, it�s �luck� bank appeared to have run out early in the year being involved in several crashes. However, at years end Doug and his team managed to climb back into 10th in the points, although his lowest position in his 9 yrs on the tour the team still has not finished outside the top 10.
- 2002 - In 2002 the team saw somewhat of resurgence in luck and performance. Doug had 1 win, Mesa Marin, and went on to finish 6th in the final points standings and, was voted Most Popular Driver by his peers. Doug is the current �Iron man� of the series with nearly 200 races without missing a race. This making it the 10th year in a row finishing in the top 10 in points, a record that very few if any can match in the touring levels of NASCAR.
Following is a list of sponsors. If you have the opportunity to meet or do business with representatives from any of these companies, please thank them for their support of one of the NASCAR Featherlite Southwest Series� most successful teams.
Ultra Pure Solutions, Inc.
Tru-Line Laser Alignment Systems (www.tru-line.com)
Monterey County Petroleum
John "Freight Train" Peters Racing Engines
NASCAR AutoZone Elite Division, Southwest Series Driving Stats
|Top 5s .:||49|
|Top 10s .:||85|
|Sponsors .:||CBA Motorsports|
Doug McCoun Photo Gallery
30 Latest News Articles For Doug McCoun