DAYTONA BEACH, Florida -- John Allen, of Chante, Kan., maintained his lead in the NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series Division I point standings after recording his seventh dirt Modified win of the season last weekend. Allen, who competes at both Lakeside and Linn County Speedways in Kansas, recorded the decisive victory last Saturday night at Linn County, a 3/8-mile dirt track in Pleasanton, Kan., one night after he finished fifth at Lakeside. It was Allen’s fifth win in six starts at Linn County Speedway.
Ace Speedway Late Model driver Rodney Cook, of Reidsville, N.C., was sidelined last Friday night as Ace endured its fourth rainout, but remains second in the NDWS Division I standings. Cook will get another chance to improve his ranking when Ace Speedway returns to action June 16.
Elsewhere, two top-five finishes in twin Late Model feature races last Saturday at Motor Mile Speedway in Radford, Va. helped Kelly Kingery, of Wirtz, Va., improve to fourth place in the NDWS Division I standings. Burt Myers’ home track, Bowman Gray Stadium in Winston-Salem, N.C., also hosted twin feature races for its top class, the Modifieds, last Saturday night. Myers, a former Bowman Gray track champion, finished both races in the top 10. The results boosted Myers to a sixth-place ranking in this week’s NDWS Division I standings.
NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series
Driver, Hometown, Home track, NDWS points
1. John Allen, Chante, Kan, Linn County Speedway, 856 points
2. Rodney Cook, Reidsville, N.C. Ace Speedway, 612
3. Kerry Davis, Parksville, Mo., Lakeside Speedway, 530
4. Kelly Kingery, Wirtz, Va., Motor Mile Speedway, 526
5. Randy Porter, Easley, S.C., Greenville-Pickens Speedway, 500
6. Burt Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Bowman Gray Stadium, 484
7. Jamie Stephens Jr., Conyers, Ga., Lanier National Speedway, 452
8. Randy Benson, Rockingham, N.C., Caraway Speedway, 418
9. Owen Miller, Emporia, Va., South Boston Speedway, 410
10. Deac McCaskill, Raleigh, N.C., Southern National Raceway Park, 378
11. Greg Edwards, Poquoson, Va., Langley Speedway, 342
12. Nick Parker, Kearns, Utah, Rocky Mountain Raceways, 326
13. Ricky Bilderback, Rockton, Ill., Rockford Speedway, 284
14. Rick Groetsch, North Ridgeville, Ohio, Mansfield Motorsports Speedway, 264
15. Bill Rodgers, Old Orchard Beach, Maine, Beech Ridge Motor Speedway, 222
16. Shane Harding, Langley, B.C., Evergreen Speedway, 142