The “Don Conti Memorial 99 presented by Performance Electrical” at Stockton 99 Speedway will mark the first of two Spears SRL Southwest Tour Series events at the famed ¼ mile in 2009.
The SRL will be part of an open practice from 4:00pm to 8:00pm on Friday, August 7th. Racing on Saturday, begins at 7:00pm, featuring the SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series “Don Conti Memorial 99” presented by Performance Electrical, Legends of the Pacific, NCMA, Mini-Stocks/Mini-Trucks and the Enduro (199).
After five of ten SPEARS Southwest Tour Series events, M.K. Kanke leads the SRL championship with 244 points entering Saturday’s event. Greg Voigt is second with 215, rookie Kevin Callahan is third with 188, Dave Byrd 185, Jim Pettit 185, Troy Ermish 171, Josh Combs 156, Joe Farre’ 150, Raudman 147, rounding out the top ten in the point standings is Todd Bammer at 142 points.
NOTES OF INTEREST:
• Winner’s share of the prize money will be $4,000, which includes the Rub It Graphics Bonus.
• Fourteen drivers are currently on the “Winner’s Circle Program” and will be eligible for the $600 minimum pay out at the Stockton event.
• 2007 SRL champ Dave Byrd will once again be driving the #1 Bob Strandwold Racing Chevrolet.
• Craig Raudman and Todd Bammer have pre-entered for Saturday’s event, after sitting out the Irwindale race.
• Defending series champion Jim Pettit II of Prunedale, CA will be driving a Moeller Bros. Chevrolet owned by Quentin Bammer.
• Troy Ermish of Fremont jumped from 12th to 6th in the championship standings after his win at Toyota Speedway at Irwindale on July 18th.
• A delayed web cast of the entire Don Conti Memorial 99 will be featured on www.golivestream.tv, followed by a highlight web cast of the event on www.rpmtvonline.com.
The Race: “Don Conti Memorial 99” presented by Performance Electrical Company, Inc.
The Place: Stockton 99 Speedway – Stockton, CA
The Date: Saturday, August 8th - 7pm
Track Layout: .25-mile paved oval
2006 Stockton 99 SRL Winner: Steve Belletto
2006 Stockton 99 SRL Pole Winner: Eric Holmes – 13.855 seconds
Event Sponsors: Performance Electrical Company, Inc., Rub It Graphics, Hoosier Tire, GoLiveStream.TV, AmeriPride Uniform Services, Mo’sGold, and Sunoco Race Fuel.
Track Contact: SRL Contact:
209 466-9999 661-679-4681