NEWS and NOTES:
- This weekend will mark the first time that Orange Show Speedway has hosted the ‘Tour Cars’ since 1997, the first since the track was reconfigured and the first ever event for the SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series.
- Drivers scheduled to make their first SRL start of the season include; Rex Lockwood, Brandon Loverock, Toni McCray and Eddie Secord. McCray will be making her first career SRL start.
- Twenty-nine drivers are entered, representing four different states – California, Idaho, Nevada and Washington.
- Twenty-five drivers are eligible for the Bay BioDiesel “Winner’s Circle” program. Each eligible driver will receive a minimum $600 in prize money for starting Saturday’s Citizens Business Bank 135.
- This weekend’s 135-lap race is the first SRL event sponsored by the Ontario, CA based Citizens Business Bank./li>
- The SRL will debut its Official Pace Car this weekend. Through an association with Chevrolet and the Bakersfield based Three-Way Chevrolet, a new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS will pace the SRL this season.
- A delayed web cast of the event will be featured on www.rpmtvonline.com
- Winner’s share of the prize money will be $4,000, which includes the Mid-Valley Iron and Metal Bonus.
The Race: The Citizens Business Bank 135
The Place: Orange Show Speedway, San Bernardino, CA
The Date: Saturday, April 17th
Track Layout: .25-mile paved oval
Current 2010 SRL Championship Top 20: Derek Thorn 180 , Thomas Martin 170, Josh Combs 165, Ryan Foster 160, Carlos Vieira 155, Jacob Gomes 150, Jared Vorse 146, Jonathon Gomez 142, Kyle Cattanach 138, Justin Westmoreland 134, Jason Gilbert 130, Brennan Newberry 127, Greg Voigt 124, Scott Sanchez 121, Shawn Calderwood 118, Todd Bammer 115, Eric Richardson 112, Joe Farre’ 109, Jim Pettit II 106, Kevin Callahan 103.