This Saturday’s SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series “WORLD’S CHAMPION HAND CLEANER 140 presented by AmeriPride Uniform Services” at All-American Speedway in Roseville, CA will mark the fifth consecutive time the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series has been paired up with the NASCAR K&N Pro Series for one night of competition. The weekend’s race line up will also feature the NASCAR Late Models on Friday night, followed Saturday by the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series, NASCAR K&N Pro Series and the Legends of the Pacific/SRL Legends Tour.
"Twenty-nine SRL drivers are entered representing four different states – California, Idaho, Nevada and Washington."
SRL NOTES OF INTEREST:
• At 140 laps, the “WORLD’S CHAMPION HAND CLEANER 140 presented by AmeriPride Uniform Services” is the longest SPEARS Southwest Tour Series race ever held at All-American Speedway.
• Winner’s share of the prize money will be $4,000, which includes the Superior Crankshaft Winner’s Bonus.
• Defending race winner, Derek Thorn, set fast time and then went on to win the 2010 edition of the event.
• Five former SPEARS Southwest Tour Series champions have submitted entries for Saturday’s event: Eric Schmidt – 2006, Dave Byrd – 2007, Jim Pettit II – 2008, M.K. Kanke – 2009, and Jonathon Gomez – 2010.
• Twenty-nine SRL drivers are entered representing four different states – California, Idaho, Nevada and Washington.
• Defending SPEARS Southwest Tour Series champion, Jonathon Gomez, 2006 SPEARS Southwest Tour Series champion Eric Schmidt and 2010 K&N Pro Series champion Eric Holmes will drive in both the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series and K&N Pro Series events this Saturday night.
• SRL driver Joe Farré has been selected to assist the United States Army Corps of Engineers with earthquake recovery efforts in Christchurch, New Zealand and will likely miss this weekend’s race.
• This weekend, the #03 Ford of Jim Pettit will display the logo the Biletnikoff Foundation - founded by Raider Hall of Famer Fred Biletnikoff and his wife Angela to support young women recovering from substance abuse and providing education for the prevention of domestic violence. Biletnikoff will be attending this Saturday’s event.
The Race: The WORLD’S CHAMPION HAND CLEANER 140 presented by AmeriPride Uniform Services
The Place: All-American Speedway, Roseville, CA
The Date: Saturday, April 16th, 2011 (Open Practice and NASCAR LateModels on Friday, April 15th)
Track Layout: .333-mile paved oval
SRL Track Record: Dan Holtz 13.090 seconds
Current SRL Top 10 (after 1 of 10 events): 1) M.K. Kanke 180 points, 2) Jim Pettit II 170, 3) Derek Thorn 165, 4) Eric Holmes 160, 5) Ross Strmiska 155, 6) Jonathan Mawhinney 150, 7) Jacob Gomes 146, 8) Keith Spangler 142, 9) Dave Byrd 138, and 10) Mike Mendenhall 134.
SRL Event Sponsors: World’s Champion Hand Cleaner, AmeriPride Uniform Services, Superior Crankshaft, Hoosier Tire, SUNOCO Race Fuels, Bay BioDiesel, and Coors Light.
Event Contact: SRL Contact:
NEXT SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Event – May 14th: The StreamPayPerView.TV “Blackjack 121” at the Bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.