SPEARS SRL SOUTHWEST TOUR SERIES
Source — SRL Media Relations
Date Posted — May 26, 2011
- CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE: Just 10 points separate the top 3 drivers in the 2011 SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series championship standings; M.K. Kanke (500), Jacob Gomes (496) and Jim Pettit (490).
- MOMENTUM: Coming off his first career win in the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series, Eighteen year old Jacob Gomes will have momentum coming into Stockton where he has many wins in Late Model competition on the famed quarter mile.
- STOCKTON PERFORMANCE: In the last two SPEARS Southwest Tour Series races at Stockton 99, Jim Pettit has a win and a second place finish.
- CHAMPIONS ENTERED: Four former SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Champions are entered in the June 4th, Stockton 99 event: M.K. Kanke (2009), Jim Pettit (2008), Dave Byrd (2007) and Eric Schmidt (2006). Former NASCAR K&N Pro Series Champions entered include, Eric Holmes driving the Moeller Bros. #18 and Mike David, who will be driving the Bob Strandwold Racing #1 entry.
- RAIDER INVASION: Oakland Raider Super Bowl MVP / Hall of Fame wide receiver Fred Biletnikoff will be on hand for the June 4th SRL event as a guest of Jim Pettit II.
- TOP ROOKIES: The top three drivers in the 2011 Victory Circle Rookie-of-the-Year standings after three races are; Jonathan Mawhinney, Michael Sandoval and Bear Rzesnowiecky.
- ARCA DEBUT: Rzesnowiecky will miss the Stockton SRL race, as he will be making his ARCA Series debut at Chicagoland Speedway on June 4th. Rzesnowiecky was awarded the opportunity by winning Richard Petty’s Driver Search held in December at Concord and Charlotte Motor Speedway’s.
- BREAK IN THE ACTION: The Mid Valley Iron & Metals 150 will have a five minute break at lap 75 for the SRL teams to make adjustments and add fuel if necessary.
- HOME TRACK ADVANTAGE: Local drivers; Jacob Gomes (Manteca), Ross Strmiska (Manteca), Eric Holmes (Escalon), Mike David (Salida), Greg Potts (Manteca), and Michael Sandoval (Ripon) will all bring a home track advantage to Stockton 99.
- LONG HAUL: Jared Vorse and his Knight Fire Protection team will make the long haul from Olympia, Washington to Stockton 99 Speedway for the “Mid Valley Iron and Metals 150”.
- SRL TOP TEN ENTERING STOCKTON 99: M.K. Kanke 500 points (1 win), Jacob Gomes 496 (1 win), Jim Pettit II 490, Ross Strmiska 456, Derek Thorn 451 (1 win), Eric Holmes 420, Jared Vorse 419, Keith Spangler 418, Dave Byrd 407, Jonathan Mawhinney 395.
- SRL LEGENDS TOUR: Entering Stockton, the top 3 in the SRL Legends Tour standings are Austin Reed, Cale Kanke and Ryan Cansdale.