This Saturday’s SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series “Mid Valley Iron & Metals 150” at Stockton 99 Speedway is the fourth event of the ten-race SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series 2011 championship season. Saturday’s race line up at Stockton 99 will also feature the NASCAR Western Late Models, Super Stocks, Bombers and Mini Cups.
SRL NOTES OF INTEREST FOR STOCKTON 99:
• MOST LAPS: At 150 laps, the “Mid Valley Iron & Metals 150” is the longest SPEARS Southwest Tour Series race ever held at Stockton 99 Speedway.
• CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE: Just 10 points separate the top 3 drivers in the 2011 SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series championship standings; M.K. Kanke (500), Jacob Gomes (496) and Jim Pettit (490).
• MOMENTUM: Coming off his first career win in the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series, Eighteen year old Jacob Gomes will have momentum coming into Stockton where he has many wins in Late Model competition on the famed quarter mile.
• STOCKTON PERFORMANCE: In the last two SPEARS Southwest Tour Series races at Stockton 99, Jim Pettit has a win and a second place finish.
• CHAMPIONS ENTERED: Four former SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Champions are entered in the June 4th, Stockton 99 event: M.K. Kanke (2009), Jim Pettit (2008), Dave Byrd (2007) and Eric Schmidt (2006). Former NASCAR K&N Pro Series Champions entered include, Eric Holmes driving the Moeller Bros. #18 and Mike David, who will be driving the Bob Strandwold Racing #1 entry.
• HOME TRACK ADVANTAGE: Local drivers; Jacob Gomes (Manteca), Ross Strmiska (Manteca), Eric Holmes (Escalon), Mike David (Salida) and Michael Sandoval (Ripon) will all bring a home track advantage to Stockton 99.
• LONG HAUL: Jared Vorse and his Knight Fire Protection team will make the long haul from Olympia, Washington to Stockton 99 Speedway for the “Mid Valley Iron and Metals 150”.
• BREAK IN THE ACTION: The Mid Valley Iron & Metals 150 will have a five minute break at lap 75 for the SRL teams to make adjustments and add fuel if necessary.
• WINNER’S PAY DAY: The winner’s share of the prize money will be $4,000, which includes the Superior Crankshaft Winner’s Bonus.
• SRL TOP TEN ENTERING STOCKTON 99: M.K. Kanke 500 points (1 win), Jacob Gomes 496 (1 win), Jim Pettit II 490, Ross Strmiska 456, Derek Thorn 451 (1 win), Eric Holmes 420, Jared Vorse 419, Keith Spangler 418, Dave Byrd 407, Jonathan Mawhinney 395.
The Race: “Mid Valley Iron & Metals 150”
The Place: Stockton 99 Speedway
The Date: Saturday, June 18, 2011 (Open Practice on Friday, June 17th)
Track Layout: .25-mile paved oval
SRL Track Record: Mike Mendenhall 13.084 seconds (10/03/09)
SRL Event Sponsors: Mid Valley Iron & Metals, AmeriPride Uniform Services, Superior Crankshaft, Hoosier Tire, SUNOCO Race Fuels, Bay BioDiesel, and Coors Light.
Event Contact: SRL Contact:
NEXT EVENT: June 25th at Madera Speedway, the “Children’s Hunger Fund 125”, also featuring the richest SRL Legends Tour event to date.