DAYTONA BEACH, Florida — The NASCAR K&N Pro Series West visits Toyota Speedway at Irwindale (Calif.) on Saturday, July 2. Below is a statistical look at the performance of selected drivers:
Eric Holmes (No. 20 NAPA Toyota)
• Four top fives, seven top 10s in seven starts
• Three runner-up finishes, most recent 2008
• Two poles at Irwindale – 2006, 2007
• Average finish at Irwindale of 4.71
• Has led 125 laps at Irwindale
• 14 career series wins
• 13 career series poles
• 67 career series starts
Greg Pursley (No. 26 Gene Price Motorsports Ford)
• Two top fives in five starts at Irwindale
• Best Irwindale finish of fourth in 2002
• One pole at Irwindale, 2010
• Average finish at Irwindale of 19.20
• Has led 41 laps at Irwindale
• Four wins in six starts this season
• Seven career series wins
• Seven career series poles
• 47 career series starts
Luis Martinez Jr">Luis Martinez Jr. (No. 6 King Taco/Sunrise Ford/Lucas Oil Ford)
• One top 10 in two starts at Irwindale
• Best finish at Irwindale of ninth in 2010
• Average finish at Irwindale of 13.5
• Best career series finish of third at Colorado in 2010
• 20 career series starts
David Mayhew (No. 17 MMI Services Chevrolet)
• One top five, three top 10s in five starts
• Best finish at Irwindale of fifth in 2008
• Average finish at Irwindale of 12.4
• Has led 126 laps at Irwindale
• Three career series wins
• Six career series poles
• 50 career series starts
Moses Smith (No. 16 HASA Pools Toyota)
• One top five, five top 10s in six starts at Irwindale
• Best finish at Irwindale of fourth in 2010
• Average finish at Irwindale of 10.33
• Best career series finish of second, on three occasions
• 59 career series starts
Brett Thompson (No. 61 RTT Chevrolet)
• Five top fives, nine top 10s in 14 starts at Irwindale
• Best finish at Irwindale of third on three occasions, most recent 2010
• Average finish at Irwindale of 10.21
• One career series win
• One career series pole
• 105 career series starts
Jack Sellers (No. 15 Bay Bio Diesel Chevrolet)
• Best finish of 16th (2000) in 17 starts at Irwindale
• Average finish at Irwindale of 21.53
• Best career series finish of seventh, on four occasions
• 246 career series starts
Daryl Harr (No. 71 WestWorld Computers Chevrolet)
• One top 10 in six starts at Irwindale
• Best finish at Irwindale of ninth in 2005
• Average finish at Irwindale of 18.33
• Best career series finish of fifth on three occasions
• 83 career series starts
Carl Harr (No. 2 WestWorld Computers Chevrolet)
• One top 10 in two starts at Irwindale
• Best finish at Irwindale of 10th in 2004
• Average finish at Irwindale of 12.5
• Best career series finish of seventh on two occasions
• 40 career series starts
NASCAR K&N PRO SERIES WEST AT TOYOTA SPEEDWAY
• This race will be the 21st series visit to Toyota Speedway at Irwindale, since its inaugural visit in 1999.
• Toyota Speedway opened on March 27, 1999, known then as Irwindale Speedway. It features banked 1/2-mile and 1/3-mile ovals, as well as a 1/8-mile drag strip. As a NASCAR-sanctioned track, it hosts the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series. It was renamed Toyota Speedway in 2008.
• The completion of this event marks the midway point of the 2011 season, with seven of 14 events in the books.
• Ten different drivers have won in series competition at Toyota Speedway. Austin Cameron leads winners, with five victories. Next on the list are two drivers who each scored three consecutive wins on the half-mile track. Current NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver and two-time NASCAR K&N Pro Series West champion Brendan Gaughan swept the three events in 2001 – while Jason Bowles also won three straight, two in 2008 and one in 2009.
• Thirteen different drivers have qualified on the pole at Irwindale. Bowles leads the list, winning the Coors Light Pole award in three consecutive events. Austin Cameron, Mike Duncan, Eric Holmes, Scott Lynch and Sean Woodside are also multiple pole winners, with two each.
• Brendan Gaughan has the most top-five finishes at Irwindale, with six. The Las Vegas native also led the most laps, running out front for 674 laps.
• Scott Gaylord scored the most top-10s at Toyota Speedway – finishing in the top 10 in 11 of 13 races he competed in there.
• Jack Sellers has made the most series starts at Irwindale, taking the green flag there 17 times.
• Six of the 20 races at Toyota Speedway were won from the pole position.
• Four of the 20 series races in Irwindale were extended for a green-white-checkered finish.
• Chevrolet has been in Victory Lane for 15 of the 20 races at Irwindale.
• At Irwindale, 169 drivers have raced in series competition.