FEATHERLITE SOUTHWEST SERIES NOTES:
- Eric Holmes won his first career FSWS race in the series last outing at
Madera Speedway in Madera, Calif. July 28, 2001.
- Craig Raudman of Bakersfield, Calif. has set the record for consecutive
Bud Pole awards at five. Raudman stands in first place in the season point
standings. Raudman has six Bud Pole Awards this season. Raudman has 10
starts/2 wins/7 top 5's/8 top 10's/$32,950 money won.
- Bob Lyon, Aqua Dulce, Calif., is the iron man of the series with 229
- M.K. Kanke of Frazier Park, Calif. suffered a broken right leg at Sears
Point Raceway in a single car incident while qualifying in June. Kanke has
missed the last three events but remains seventh place in the point
standings. Prior to the incident Kanke led the point standings.
- Marc Groskreutz of Spokane, Wash. has vaulted back into 8th place in the
season point standings after a strong third place finish at Madera Speedway.
Groskreutz travels from Spokane to each event.
- Scott Brandt has reassumed the lead in the Rookie-of-the-Year standings
with a 12th place finish at Madera. Ben Walker was Rookie of the Race with
an 8th place finish.
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company has posted award tires for all the remaining events in 2001, which include 32 tires to be distributed to eligible Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring car owners per event.
2000 RACE REVIEW: M.K. Kanke of Frazier Park, Calif. set a new track qualifying record with a time of 15.839/85.233 mph but started sixth due to the invert. Kevin Clark started the 125-lap event from the pole and led the first 30 laps before losing the lead to eventual winner Auggie Vidovich Jr. on lap 30. Vidovich went on the lead the next 41 laps before the action was halted due to inclement weather. Since more than half the scheduled distance had been completed the race was official and Vidovich declared the winner. Todd Souza was the highest finishing Rookie in 14th position, with Matt Crafton holding on to the points lead by 93 markers over Vidovich after his 18th finish.
2000 RACE STATS Bud Pole: M.K. Kanke 15.839 sec/85.233 mph New Track Record Time of Race: 30 min, 53 seconds Shortened due to inclement weather after 72-laps. Average Speed: 52.455 mph Margin of Victory: 2.3 seconds Caution Flags: Four for 22 Laps Lap Leaders: Kevin Clark 1-30, Auggie Vidovich Jr. 31-72. One lead changes between two drivers.
Previous FSWS Winners at Colorado National Speedway
2000-Auggie Vidovich Jr.
1999- M.K. Kanke
1998- Doug McCoun
1997- M.K. Kanke
1996- Mark Reed
1995- Rick Carelli
1994- Dale Williams
1993- Doug George 1992- Rick Carelli