NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" Weston Pontiac/Buick/GMC/Kia Night at the Races
WHAT: NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" Weston Pontiac/Buick/GMC/Kia Night at the Races featuring the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, Street Stocks, and Bumpin' Bombers on the third-mile clay oval. The Figure 8 cars take to the criss-crossing Figure 8 track, plus the only appearance of the season by the Outlaw Dwarf Cars.
WHEN: Friday, August 10, 2001. Gates open at 5pm, with racing beginning at 6:45pm.
WHERE: Portland Speedway, 9727 N. MLK Jr. Blvd, Portland 97217 (Just East of the Portland Meadows horse track) SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR)
PROMOTER: Western Speedways, Inc. President-Craig Armstrong 503-285-2883 Media Information: Derrick Shannon 208-890-7078
EVENT HOTLINE: 503-285-9511
ADMISSION: $10 for Adults, $8 for Seniors over 62 and Military with ID, $5 for Juniors 11-17, all children under 10 with paid adult are FREE. A Family Package for two Adults and two Juniors is $26. VIP Reserved seats are $20. Ticket Information: Call 503-285-2883 Advance tickets available at all Ticketmaster locations or online at www.portlandspeedway.com.
DIVISIONS: NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, Street Stocks, Figure 8, Bumpin' Bombers, Outlaw Dwarf Cars.
NOTES OF INTERESTS:
· Tiger Tom Pinkowsky leads Eric Sayre by 3 points in the NWRS Grand American Modified division going into this Friday's action. Eric Sayre of Vancouver, Wash. won his fourth consecutive race of the season last Friday night in GA Modified action.
· Scott Puncochar of Hillsboro, Ore. leads the Street Stock point standings by 104 points over Brad Tanner of Clackamas, Ore. Tanner has driven cars in six different divisions this season. He also competes in asphalt Late Models at Yakima and Tri City Speedway.
· Ray Perry won his feature race in three years of racing last Friday in the Figure 8 class. Dan Cherington tops the point standings by 14 markers over his brother Joe Cherington.
· This Friday, August 10 will feature the only appearance of the season by the popular 5/8 scale Outlaw Dwarf Cars. These open wheel coupes are a throw back to the 1930's and 1940's.
· Next Friday, August 17 is Jr. Fan Club Night featuring SPEEDO the Speedway Clown and his Model "A" Rosie for fun for the entire family.
· The Greatest Show on Dirt, The Pennzoil World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series Friday and Saturday, August 24 & 25. Tickets are available by calling 1-800-825-4832.