After the first three races of the NASCAR season, just four points separate the top three K&N Pro Series West drivers coming into this Saturday’s Pick-N-Pull Self-Service Auto & Truck Dismantlers 150, which will be presented by: Budweiser Racing, Allegiant Air, Garton Tractor, Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort and San Joaquin County Chevrolet Dealerships at Stockton 99 Speedway.
"the Top Three NASCAR K&n Pro Series West Drivers Are Separated by Just Four Points Coming in to This"
Points leader David Mayhew driver of the number 17 MMI Services/Ron's Rear Ends Chevrolet is just one point ahead of young gun, Dylan Kwasniewski, driver of the number 3 Rockstar/Royal Purple Ford and four points ahead of 2012 Pro Series West Champion Greg Pursley, driver of the number 26 Gene Price Motorsports/Star Nursery Ford. Of the three divers only Greg Pursley has raced at Stockton 99 Speedway in the past. Three time champion Eric Holmes of Escalon, CA, in the number 20 NAPA AutoParts Toyota has had two starts at the track and he grow up at the track watching his dad race. Holmes, who is fifth in point, along with Derek Thorn driver of the number 6, Sunrise Ford/Lucas Oil/Eibach Ford who is fourth in points both took part in last weeks test day at Stockton 99 Speedway.
NASCAR K&N PRO SERIES WEST THIS WEEKEND AT STOCKTON 99 SPEEDWAY PAGE 2
One of the dark horses of this weekend is Jacob Gomes of Manteca, CA, the driver of the number 16, Sunny Valley Smoked Meats Toyota. Gomes is no stranger at Stockton 99 Speedway. He has been winning Championships at the Speedway in both Mini-Cup and Baby Grand. Gomes was 2009 NASCAR NATIONAL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR in his late model. He also has a win this year at the Stockton 99 Speedway in the SRL Spears Southwest Tour Series Race in April.
A total of seven cars took the opportunity to test on the ¼ mile high banked oval including Holmes’ team mate Cameron Hayley in the Cabinets by Hayley/NAPA Batteries Toyota, Austin Dyne driver of the William Rast Ford, and Jonathon Gomez in his Century Boatland Chevrolet.
Not to be out done by the guys, 18 year old Jessica Brunelli of Castro Valley, CA, driving the #88 Pick-N-Pull Chevy Monte Carlo in her debut at Stockton, also had a strong showing. This is Brunelli’s first season with Pick-N-Pull and she will run a limited West Coast schedule.
The K&N Pro Series is NASCAR’s premiere Home Town Track series that showcases the future stars of NASCAR’s Sprint Cup and is some of the most exciting short track racing in the sport. This action packed series has birthed many of NASCAR's notables such as Kevin Harvick, Clint Bowyer, and Martin Truex Jr., all of whom got their start in racing in the division before moving into the Sprint Cup cars.
Also, on the bill, will be the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series, Modifieds, Super Stocks, and Legends of the Pacific.
Tickets on sale at www.stockton99.com
General Admission: $35.00
Senior, Military, and Juniors (11 – 15): $25.00
Family Pack (2 adults and 2 juniors): $95.00
Kids 10 and under: FREE
VIP Ticket Package: $100.00
NASCAR K&N PRO SERIES WEST THIS WEEKEND AT STOCKTON 99 SPEEDWAY PAGE 3
Speedway Assists Band In Raising Funds: Stockton 99 Speedway is helping the Pitman High School "Marching Pride" band from Turlock, Calif., raise funds for its trip to Washington D.C. to march in the Fourth of July parade. Band members will be selling souvenir programs at the race and will receive a portion of the proceeds from the sales. The speedway is also donating a portion of the proceeds from the sales of fountain drinks to the band.
$5.00 off coupons are available at participating Pick N’ Pull locations in Stockton, Sacramento, and Modesto.
The track is located at 4105 N. Wilson Way, Stockton, CA 95205.
NASCAR K&N PRO SERIES WEST
Stockton 99 Speedway May 5, 2012
CAR DRIVER TEAM
1. 01 Cassie Gannis, Phoenix, Ariz. * itxtdeals.com Ford
2. 02 Driver TBA Sponsor TBA Ford
3. 2 Carl Harr, Edmonton, Alberta West World Computers Chevrolet
4. 03 Dylan Kwasniewski, Las Vegas, Nev. Rockstar/Royal Purple Ford
5. 5 Dylan Hutchison, Fair Oaks, Calif. * Bay Bio Diesel/Johnnie Walker Chevrolet
6. 6 Derek Thorn, Lakeport, Calif. Sunrise Ford/Lucas Oil/Eibach Ford
7. 07 Driver TBD Sponsor TBA Ford
8. 9 Austin Dyne, Malibu, Calif. * William Rast/Sunrise Ford/Lucas Ford
9. 14 Travis Milburn, Eagle, Idaho Cooks /Holleran's Perf. Toyota
10. 15 Jack Sellers, Sacramento, Calif. Bay Bio Diesel Chevrolet
11. 16 Jacob Gomes, Manteca, Calif. Sunny Valley Smoked Meats Chevrolet
12. 17 David Mayhew, Atascadero, Calif. MMI Services/Ron's Rear Ends Chevrolet
13. 20 Eric Holmes, Escalon, Calif. NAPA Auto Parts Toyota
14. 21 Michael Self, Park City, Utah Golden Gate Meat Co/RCR Chevrolet
15. 22 Jonathon Gomez, Twin Falls, Idaho Century Boatland Chevrolet
16. 24 Cameron Hayley, Calgary, Alberta * Cabinets by Hayley Toyota
17. 26 Greg Pursley, Newhall, Calif. Gene Price Motorsports/Star Nursery Ford
18. 30 Ron Jay, Victoria, British Columbia * Holleran's Performance Dodge
19. 33 Justin Funkhouser, Paradise, Calif. Mobile Gold Buyers Chevrolet
20. 36 John Wood, Eagle, Idaho Pegasus Transport & Towing Ford
21. 38 Tommy Regan, Tracy, Calif. * Holleran's Performance Chevrolet
22. 52 Ryan Philpott, Tracy, Calif. Philpott Race Cars Ford
23. 59 Jason Fensler, Wilton, Calif. Beat Cancer Chevrolet
24. 61 Braeden Havens, Spokane, Wash. * Western Rail Inc/Hilliard Chevrolet
25. 71 Daryl Harr, Edmonton, Alberta i World Connect Chevrolet
26. 88 Jessica Brunelli, Hayward, Calif. * Pick-N-Pull Chevrolet
* Denotes Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender