AUTO CLUB “150” Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring Race No. 11 of 14
Irwindale Speedway, Irwindale, Calif. 1/2-Mile Paved
Saturday, August 10, 2002 -- 8:30 p.m. PST
FOX Sports West (tape delayed)
Air date- September 5, 2002 6pm PST
On-air talent- Pat Patterson, Larry Naston
30 cars possible. The fastest 23 cars through time trials with two provisional starting positions (24th & 25th) available to the top 30 drivers based on the current 2002 Featherlite Southwest Series drivers point standings, who have not qualified for one of the original 23 starting positions, provided eligible drivers attempt to qualify. Provisional positions 26th & 27th will be available to the highest 30 car owners in the current 2002 Featherlite Southwest Series point standings who have not qualified for the event. The 28th starting position is available to any past Featherlite Southwest Series champion who competed as a driver in 2001. The 29th & 30th starting positions will be filled by the top two (2) highest finishing drivers from the Qualifying Race, electing to transfer.
National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR)
Irwindale Speedway, LLC
Derrick Shannon, NASCAR, 208/890-7078 email@example.com
Doug Stokes, Irwindale Speedway, 626/358/1100
Saturday, August 10 9:00 a.m. Haulers Enter
10:00 a.m. Registration & Inspection
12:00 noon Mandatory Rookie Meeting
12:30 p.m. Drawing for Qualifying order
1:00-2:00 p.m./2:30-3:30 p.m. – Practice
3:45 p.m. Mandatory driver’s meeting
5:00 p.m. Time Trials (2 Laps). All positions
7:00 p.m. Trophy Dash
7:30 p.m. Qualifying Race
8:00 p.m. Mandatory Spotters Meeting
8:30 p.m. AUTO CLUB “150”
THE RACE TRACK:
Irwindale Speedway is a 1/2-mile paved oval track.
Bryan Germone 5/15/99 103.669 mph 17.363 sec.
100-Laps Frank Maronski Jr.7/31/99 81.569 mph 36 min 26 sec.
150-Laps M.K. Kanke 4/21/01 91.185 mph 49 min 21 sec.
FEATHERLITE SOUTHWEST SERIES NOTES:
- David Gilliland of Riverside, Calif. collected his first career
Featherlite Southwest Series victory at Irwindale Speedway in June 2002.
Gilliland has joined forces with Rich Fountain for the remainder of the 2002
season. Fountain owns the Centrifugal Technologies #11 Chevrolet Monte
Carlo. Gilliland finished 5th at Altamont in July in his first start for
- Craig Raudman of Bakersfield, Calif. will make his third Featherlite
Southwest Series start of 2002 at Irwindale after winning the series
championship in 2001. Raudman won the September 2001 event at Irwindale
- M.K. Kanke is the only driver with more than one victory at Irwindale in 9
races held since the facility opened in 1999. Kanke scored two victories in
- Drivers celebrating birthdays in August are Doug McCoun (8/1), Clint Curry
(8/5), Rocky Nash (8/7), Scott Shade (8/16), Burney Lamar (8/21), and Greg
- Doug McCoun has the longest active streak of consecutive seasons finishing
in the top 10 in the final standings. McCoun has managed top 10 finishes
nine straight years.
- The record for most different Bud Pole Award winners in a season is 13,
set in 1997 and tied in 1998.
- Former SLM Irwindale track champion Sean Woodside has been sidelined due
to a broken ankle. He and his sponsor Lucas Oil look forward to getting back
on track, they plan to return in October at Mesa Marin.
- Through 10 events this season, there have been 10 different winners, and
14 different winners dating back to last season.
- Jim Pettit II is on a hot streak with three straight top-10 finishes. Pettit has completed the most laps of any competitor this season with 1198 completed out of 1218 run.
Current 2002 Point Standings 9/1/01/FSWS Irwindale Speedway Top 10
1. Eddy McKean 1478 / 1. Craig Raudman
2. M.K. Kanke 1389 / 2. Scott Lynch
3. Burney Lamar 1363 / 3. Darrell LaMoure
4. Doug McCoun 1331 / 4. Frank Maronski Jr.
5. Todd Souza 1296 / 5. Jimmy White
6. Frank Maronski Jr.1287 / 6. Scott Brandt
7. Jim Pettit II 1280 / 7. Keith Spangler
8. Steve Belletto 1178 / 8. Sean Monroe
9. Joe Herold 1143 / 9. Eddy McKean
10. Brandon Whitt 1133 / 10. Greg Fowler
9/1/01 RACE REVIEW:
Eric Holmes grabbed the Bud Pole Award with a time of 17.837/100.914 mph and started first. Craig Raudman led the first 4 laps until Auggie Vidovich Jr. pressured his way by on lap 5. Vidovich would dominate the event through lap 122 when Raudman would take the lead back. Raudman led the final 28 circuits en route to his third victory of the 2001 season.
9/1/01 RACE STATS
Bud Pole: Eric Holmes 17.837/100.914
Time of Race: 1 hour, 1min, 15 sec
Average Speed: 73.469 mph
Margin of Victory: 5.962 seconds
Caution Flags: Four for 26 Laps
Lap Leaders: Eric Holmes (start), Craig Raudman (1-4), Auggie Vidovich Jr. (5-122), Raudman (123-150). Two lead changes between two drivers.
Previous FSWS Winners at Irwindale Speedway
- 2002- David Gilliland
- 2001- Craig Raudman
- 2001- M.K. Kanke
- 2001- M.K. Kanke
- 2000- Rocky Nash
- 2000- Matt Crafton
- 1999- Greg Pursley
- 1999- Frank Maronski Jr.
- 1999- Kurt Busch
NASCAR Online, NASCAR’s Official Internet Site on the World Wide Web can be accessed at www.nascar.com and offers up to the minute information on all NASCAR Touring divisions.