When Temecula Valley Pipe & Supply and Vista Paint present the Valvoline USAC/CRA Sprint Cars in the Jeff Bagley Classic at Perris Auto Speedway on Saturday night, more than $6,000.00 on top of the regular purse will be paid to the lead drivers in lap money in the 30-lap main event.
Competition should be fierce, as the leader of each lap will receive $100.00. The driver in second on each lap will collect $70.00 and the driver in third will pocket $30.00. In addition to the lap money, the fast qualifier will earn $100.00. Tenth place in the main will garner an extra $150.00 and 16th place will take home an extra $200.00.
The extra money in Saturday’s purse came from the generous donations of the following companies and individuals: Kenny’s Components, Nancy Ferreira, Jack & Sharon Jory, Willis Machine, Inc., Ron Chaffin Motorsports, Inc., Black Widow Racing (Nadine & Jack), Mark & Carmen Priestley, ITI Performance (Glenn & Carol Crossno), So. Cal Performance, Inc., USAC, Billy & Anne Wilkerson, JFK Company (Wilda Kindoll), National Sprint Car Hall of Fame, Thomas Schmeh, Jim Giardina, Dwight Cheney, Junior Kurtz, Ron Schwarze, The “POW” Boys of Pit #4, Big John & Scotty, Noyce, John (La Villa Restaurant), Perris Auto Speedway, Cory Kruseman’s Sprint Car Driving Schools, Steve & Jeanne Bagley, Jan Gaffney’s Health Food Bar, Terri & Russ Bliss, Wilson Towing, LLC, Chris & Linda Holt, Scott Daloisio Sports, Sander Engineering, Inc., Leanne & Ray Scheetz, Rick & Kay Becker, Gaunt Construction, Duncan Emmons Auto Body, www.believersfaithventer.com, Sammy Bahr & Valerie Sokola (Sokola Classic, Jim & Carol Wolfe, Jimmy Oskie, Norma & Lee Leonard, Don Weaver (Legends of Ascot).
Spectator gates will open at 5:00 PM Saturday and the first race will begin at 7:00. All kids 14 and under will receive a free 18 X 24” poster featuring Rip Williams and Damion Gardner.
Perris Auto Speedway is conveniently located on the Lake Perris Fairgrounds, home of the Southern California Fair, approximately one hour east of Los Angeles. Take the 215 Freeway, exit at the Ramona Expressway and go east two and a half miles to the fairgrounds.
For more information on this or any other event at Perris Auto Speedway events, please call (909) 940-0134.
VALVOLINE USAC/CRA SPRINT CAR POINT STANDINGS
1. Rip Williams – Yorba Linda, CA – 1,306
2. Mike Kirby – Torrance, CA – 1,235
3. Damion Gardner - Concord, CA – 1,227
4. Troy Rutherford – Ojai, CA – 933
5. Greg Bragg – Visalia, CA – 744
6. Tony Jones – Corona, CA - 726
7. Steve Ostling – Corona, CA – 706
8. Bobby Cody – Costa Mesa, CA - 692
9. Mike Spencer – Temecula, CA – 664
10. Brian Venard – Irvine, CA – 633
11. Jordan Hermansador – Long Beach, CA – 591
12. Cory Kruseman – Ventura, CA – 550
13. Ronnie Case – Camarillo, CA – 528
14. Jeremy Sherman – Phoenix, AZ – 487
15. Rick Ziehl – Las Cruces, NM – 481
16. Adam Mitchell – Escondido, CA – 401
17. Rickie Gaunt – Torrance, CA – 385
18. David Cardey – Riverside, CA – 356
19. Charles Davis, Jr. – Buckeye, AZ – 332
20. Peter Murphy – Sydney, Australia - 331